Posted by: Black rose | 2009-02-10

Endometriosis and Depo injection

My doctor told me i had endometriosis and the only option i had was for him to put me on the Depo injection so i stop my period completely. is this a right decision? what are the side effects of the injection? I hear weight gain is on top of the list. I execise everyday, will Depo affect my weight ? I suffer from alot of pain during my periods and when having sex, will stopping my period completely take away the pains?

Depo is the first line treatment for endometriosis. You will not have pain if you do not have periods. Weight gain can be a problem in some women but not all.

Posted by: me | 2009-02-10

I did not pick up weight. It actualy helped to keep my weight down. BUT.......... now I battle to have children and I blame the injection for this

Reply to me