Question
Posted by: Chloe | 2012-02-09

Endometriosis

I was diagnosed with endometriosis a few years back and after a few surgeries to remove growths around the intestines, kidneys and bladder I learned to cope with the pain and just get on with it. About a year ago I noticed a lump on the left side of my neck about 4cm above the collar bone. It got sore around the time I normally had pain - which always used to be around 14-17 days into my cycle and then last for 7 days and seem to be ''growing'' during that time. I went to my GP who referred me to a specialist surgeon for the lump to be removed as no one could figure out what it was. Ultrasound and CT scans revealed it was attached to the top level of the lung, but full of fluid. I asked repeatedly whether it could be endometriosis and were assured that it only get to the lungs, brain etc. in very severe cases. I decided to start my own ''test'' while I had to wait 3 months to have surgery. I started using Minesse and skipped the inactive pills. All of a sudden the cramping stopped completely, I lost weight and best of all the lump in my neck started getting smaller significantly. Can it be that I was right all along? If so, what can I do to avoid surgery? How long can I skip my period continusouly on Minesse? After the few times I skipped the inactive pills, I took them as I should, but now for the past 2 times, haven''t had a bleeding when it''s supposed to happen. Is that normal or should I be concerned?

It is possible though extremely rare that the lump could be endometriosis. However, if there is no certainty about this, then you should have it removed. It could be something else which would be serious if left. You cannot really skip the placebos for more than 3 months without causing problems in your cycle. Depo provera would be a better option than the Pill for the endometriosis.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-02-13