Question
Posted by: miserable | 2011/11/19

endometriosis

I suspect i have endo. I had a laporoscopy but nothing was found. Symptoms persist and eventhough the pain is not to bad, i still have to go through the constant worry of it becoming worst as it has on 2 previous occassions of which the one time i was hospitalised. The cramps were so bad and the pressure in my rectum and bladder was unbearable. The cramping is mostly in my lower right side and the pain moves down my thigh groin and i have lower back stiffness. The pain is intermittent now but very real to me.

All my troubles started when i went off the triphasil. I developed a ovarian cyst which my gynae worked away. I still had the cramping and the nausea. Which got worst resulting in the me ahving a laparoscopy. All the scans ALSO showed nothing. Nothing nothing yet theres pain. My gynae says i should have another baby, but how can i when the pain is unresolved. I dont want to risk being ill or worst when i am pregnant. Please help. WHat is my next step. FYI, ive seen a GI who said that he didnt think that it was my colon but it sounded hormonal.

If you had a negative laparoscopy, it is hard to imagine that you have endometriosis. The thing that sometimes mimics endometriosis is spastic colon. There is no test for this but is a diagnosis of exclusion, treated usually with diet and stool softeners.

1