Question
Posted by: Mpho | 2011/08/18

Endometriosis

4 week ago I had labroscopy &  surgeon suspected that I had endometriosis he made the tests and it was true I have it. I went to a gynae &  he is treating me with depo prevera 300mg for the first time, then 150mg every 3 months for 9 months I''m going for my second shot in Nov. He said that I must try for a baby after the treatment and we are not ready to have a second child, is there any other option.

Endometriosis can cause problems with fertility, so your best chance of a pregnancy would be after the treatment is complete. If you wait longer, you may struggle to conceive.

2

Posted by: similar story | 2011/08/21

Hi Mpho
I had a laporoscope beginning 2009 and was diagnosed with stage 1 endometriosis. My gynae said they got everything. He did advice me to try harder to fall pregnant as often having a baby can clear the endometriosis - unfortunately we have not yet been successful. If you''re not ready to have a second child - then I don''t advise it (especially if its for financial reasons) if you were planning to have one at some stage then maybe its not a bad idea, but I wouldnt say that its something that you have to do. Try get a second opinion from a different gynae.

Reply to similar story