Question
Posted by: SHEENA | 2010/10/01

Endometriosis

Good Morning

I am new to this Forum and need advise please.

I have a 3 Year old girl, had no trouble conceiving at all. I then fell pregnant in December last year and started bleeding.It was an Etopic pregnancy due to Endometriosis.The tube burst and had to remove the whole tube. I now have one tube and my Dr has advised that i start trying for another baby. I have a few questions though,

1>  what are my chances of falling pregnant again and can it happen quickly or will it be a long process?

2>  is there a chance that i will have another Etopic pregnancy?

Dear Sheena

Once you have had a history of having an ectopic pregnancy then the risk of another ectopic pregnancy is higher than the average risk but that does not necessarily mean that an ectopic pregnancy will always occur. The fact that you now have one fallopian tube, this will automatically decrease your chance of falling pregnant by 30% as when ovulation is taking place on the side where there is no fallopian tube then you will therefore not achieve a pregnancy for that particular cycle. So it may not necessarily happened quickly and I would suggest that you wait for about 6 months to a year and if you still have not conceived then it would be advisable for your gynaecologist to check the remaining fallopian tube to see if it is not damaged and if it is patent.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/10/21

Dear Sheena

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert