Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010/03/19

Endometriosis

I would like to know what is the best treatment for endo. I already went on zoladex which caused me to go into my menopause for almost a year. I also have been on Tridomose for 3 months and the result was 6 months of no menstruation. I also had part of my colon removed because of endo and had the endo burned of during that procedure. What is my best option now. I am getting older and has been struggeling with secondary infertility for 5 years now. I have stage 4 endo and it feels to me as if the endo is growing back as every month now for the last six months I have been struggeling with (atl least 7 days before I should menstruate) lower back pain en cramping.

Dear Annie

Unfortunately you are faced with a very difficult type of endometriosis and advanced stage as well. Thus far it appears that you have been adequately managed in terms of both surgical and medical options. In terms of your fertility IVF would be certainly an option to consider but the success rate may well be below the average due to the anatomical as well as hormonal impacts that the endometriosis may have had. In the long term the endometriosis will eventually burn itself out and will not trouble you any further but there is no guarantee that your symptoms will significantly improve. Should your symptoms be extremely bad then the final solution would be a total hysterectomy and oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries).

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/25

Dear Annie

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert