Question
Posted by: Nonnie | 2010-01-19

Endometriosis

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis two years ago and have been for treatment where it was removed. What are my chances of still conceiving  I am 38 years of age and have 2 kids.

Dear Nonnie

The stage of the endometriosis is important as well as the amount of residual scar tissue. Assuming that both tubes are patent and absolutely normal and that the endometriosis has been adequately managed I would consider your chances of conception to be reasonably good. The only factor, which may have an adverse bearing on fertility, is your age. However should you not be able to conceive after 1 year of regular unprotected intercourse I would advise you to seek fertility advise from a fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-01-22

Dear Nonnie

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: kiddy | 2010-01-20

Hi Nonnie

where and how exactly have you received a treatment for that, i really wish to know. please.

Reply to kiddy