Question
Posted by: Dani | 2009-02-19

endometriosis

Hi there,

I have severe Endometriosis, i was diagnosed with it at the age of 15 and then they diagnosed me with polycystic ovarium syndrome, I have had 3 Laparoscopies in 2 yrs, and I have had countless Depo-Provera Injection, I have used Ladazol and progestorone and everything has failes. I am at my wits end. I need a drug called Zoladex 10.8mg as my Gynea suggested it to me, I am 23 years old. I put two claims into My medical aid to give me the treatment and they have denied both. Its on my bladder, bowel, uterus, my right ovary and it is suspected its on my fallopian tubes too. I' m taking my medical aid on, i would just like to know from you how many women suffer from this in SA, as I would like to get a campaign going to make Endometriosis a chronic disease in SA. I have our family attorney backing me up. Come or hell or high water I will get it right>  i hate what i have, I am in severe debilitating pain every day of my life. I want to help myself and help women like myself. I am passionate about this and will get it right. I await your response.

Many thanks,
Dani

Unfortunately I cannot give you a figure as to how many women have endometriosis. Unfortunately there are many common diseases that medical aids do not pay for. Depression is one of these and it is much commoner than endometriosis.