Question
Posted by: Izzy | 2008/10/13

Endometriosis

Do you have any advice on pain relief? I have endometriosis and every second month when I get my period (I take my Yasmin so that I have an extended cycle) I get the most horrible period pain. I have a constant dull aching with frequent excruciating stabs of pain. Obviously I can' t spend the week popping painkillers like Smarties (even though it is tempting). I drink a lot of water while I have my period, I walk for 25 min every evening, apply a hot water bottle and reduce my salt intake. Do you have any other suggestions to make this week more bearable... for me and my husband?

You could try Ponstan, but the best bet is to use something more reliable to treat the endometriosis. Yasmin is not the best treatment. Either Depo Provera or Tridomose are the treatments of choice.