Question
Posted by: Jules | 2012/05/10

endometrioses

hil, i was recently diagnosed with grade 3 endometriosis and a 7cm cyst. I went to see gynae because of a consistent pelvic pain and not having falling pregnant in 3years. Now my question is:
My last period was on the 3rd of April - with the next one being due on the 30th of april. To date I have not had my periods ie 9 days overdue. I went in for a laparoscopy on the 17th of April but started bleeding 3 days after the operation for 4 days. Was this my periods or bleeding due to the operation? If it was my periods then it means my cycle was only about 16days long. Is this possible?? Can endo totally mess with your cycle. Prior to being diagnosed and having the operation my cycle was always +/-28days. Thanks for the help

The bleeding was probably related to the operation. Stress, including the stress of surgery can affect your cycle. Also the procedure itself involves manipulation of the uterus and can change your period in the month after the operation. You should be back to normal next month.

1