Question
Posted by: Claire | 2010/12/09

Endometrioses

I had a a hysterectomy (only uteris removed) because of endometriosis. Can the endometriosis come back if I still have my ovaries?
I did submit this question to Gynae doc 3 days ago but she doesn''t seem to responding to any of her posts.

Hallo Claire
Endometriosis is caused by external uterine lining tissue. So if the uterus was removed, but the spots of endometriosis are still there, you may still have symptoms. Gyne's usually check with laporoscopy if any signs of endometriosis are visible and burn it or remove it.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/10

Hallo Claire