Question
Posted by: Anonomous | 2012/11/20

Endometrioma

I have been experiencing some abdominal pain and have started having periods again in the last few months which shouldnt be happening as i have a mirena in, so i decided to go have myself checked out by a specialist. He found an endometrioma in one of my ovaries. it is quite large - 8 x 8 cm. He said I need to have it surgically removed which involes open surgery and cant be done by Laparoscopy.
Is this correct? I have read so many different things on the internet.

Endometriosis surgery is quite tricky as things are often stuck down, so an open procedure is probably better.