Question
Posted by: LYNDA | 2008-12-22

ENDOMETRIAL RESECTION AND STERILIZATION

I AM A 35 YEAR OLD FEMALE. I SAW A GYNAE ON FRIDAY REGARDING PROBLEMS WITH MY MENSES AND HAVE EXTREME BULGING AND HARDNESS AND LUMPS IN MY PELVIS AREA. I AM GOING TO THE TOILET MORE THAN OFTEN BUT DO NOT HAVE A BLADDER INFECTION AND NOR HAVE I GAINED ANY WEIGHT. I ALSO DO NOT SUFFER FROM CONSTIPATION.
I ALSO HAVE A SENSATION OF HEAVY PRESSURE IN THE PELVIS AREA.

I HAVE VERY LIGHT MENSES WHICH ARE IRREGULAR, LAST A DAY AND ARE EXTREMELY PAINFUL.

SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IS ALSO VERY PAINFUL. HE SAID THAT THIS IS DUE TO A RETROVERTED UTERUS AND NARROWED VAGINAL OPENING.

THE GYNAE HAS RECOMMENDED THEY DO A ENDOMETRIAL RESECTION AND ABLATION AND AT THE SAME TIME STERILIZATION. ALSO FIX THE POSITIONING OF THE UTERUS AND WIDEN THE VAGINAL OPENING.

IS THIS THE SOLUTION OR SHOULD I GET A SECOND OPINION.

I am not sure what the lumps are. Are these growths on the uterus? Without this I cannot really comment on the management.