Question
Posted by: Lynette | 2011-10-03

Endometrial lining

Recently they have discovered that my endometrial lining is thin and not the normal thickness, where mine was 4mm. I also was tested for immunity for german measels and the test came back negative. I got vaccinated on the 19th August and was told to wait for 2 months. I also read on the internet that you can wait for a month after trying to conceive.
Must we wait the full 2 months?
We did the IVF once before but with no result. No that they found out about the endometrial lining, can a second IVF be more successfull?

Dear Lynette

It is possible to start your treatment earlier as the new generation of vaccines does not really pose a substantial risk to conception or the embryo. Also the possibilities now of the successful outcome of the IVF may be better in the light of what is understood regarding the lining. However it is important to note that occasionally the lining indicates the quality of the eggs and this problem maybe the more serious concern i.e. egg quality and therefore fertilization and embryo quality. However knowing what to look for always is an advantage and will certainly improve your chances of success.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-10-11

Dear Lynette

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert