Question
Posted by: nancy | 2009-02-04

endometrial lineing

i just had my ultrasound done and the doc told me that my lineing 2 cm thick and i need to come again and do my ultrasound once again on 5th day of my coming cycle.having 2 cm thick is it something serious'  is it cureable if so what is the medication that i should take also what is the importance of 5th day of cycle.i am suffering from heavy and painful periods.

It really depends on a lot of factors, such as your age, whether you have regular periods,etc. If you are premenopausal, it is probably nor serious. The significance of the 5th day of the period is that the womb lining should be very thin then as it would just have been shed.