Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2010-09-10

Endometiosis removal

3 weeks ago I had a Laparoscopy, removed Endometriosis, cyst on left ovary and HPV virus on mouth of womb.

We are trying for another baby, but after sex there is still bleeding, when will that end and when can I expect to fall pregnant?

Dear Lisa

Usually slight bleeding is to be expected especially if some form of specialized treatment was done to the cervix [mouth of the womb]. This bleeding should subside totally after 4-6 weeks and should all other factors be normal conception may be expected within the first 9 months. However this does depend on the grade of the endometriosis as well as other factors such as age, hormonal status, semen parameters and cervical canal and mucus factors as well.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Pally | 2010-09-20

I went for a laparoscopy on 12 Aug 2010, i have menstruated three times since the laparoscopy. is it normal. i usually get my period once a month even though the cycle is between 22 and 24 days.

Reply to Pally
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-09-15

Dear Lisa

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert