Posted by: jskr | 2011-12-08

When TTC I discovered I have low progesterone levels. All other hormones levels appear normal according to random blood tests. However, my moods fluctuate to such an extent that I thought I might have depression or bi-polar. However, on further research, the symptoms don''t quite match up. I also suffer from constant acne, and had endometriosis removed. I also tried fertility treatment for 6 months, which was so emotionally overwhelming, so I have put that on hold. Would it be wise to consulting an Endocrinologist straight up, rather than going to a GP? My mood swings are dominating my life, and cannot continue like this.

It will be beneficial to consult an endocrinologist. You can also consult a dermatologist for a product like Androcur to treat your acne if you are not planning to fall pregnant in the near future.