Posted by: jskr | 2011/12/08


When TTC I discovered I have low progesterone levels. All other hormones levels appear normal according to random blood tests. However, my moods fluctuate to such an extent that I thought I might have depression or bi-polar. However, on further research, the symptoms don''t quite match up. I also suffer from constant acne, and had endometriosis removed. I also tried fertility treatment for 6 months, which was so emotionally overwhelming, so I have put that on hold. Would it be wise to consulting an Endocrinologist straight up, rather than going to a GP? My mood swings are dominating my life, and cannot continue like this.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

It will be beneficial to consult an endocrinologist. You can also consult a dermatologist for a product like Androcur to treat your acne if you are not planning to fall pregnant in the near future.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.