Question
Posted by: Jenna | 2010/06/22

Endocrinologist

I''ve been battling with spells which they think could be a drug interaction. Been on cortisone for asthma 42 years. Seen neurosurgeon, neurologist, ENT, audiologist etc. All fine. Now being sent to an Endo. I''m nervous. I " googled"  Endocrinology, in the main about hormones right. I started early menopause at 43 a bit too early my GP said. Can cortisone (long-term) use give you pancreatic or liver cancer? I''ve had glandular fever. So what precisely would the Dr be looking for and what tests would he do most likely that haven''t been done already (the normal things and then a brain scan).

Hallo Jenna
No long term cortisone use won't cause liver or pancreas cancer. It may however suppress your own internal manufacture of cortisone which may affect some of the other hormones and your metabolism. It is difficult to say what he will be looking for without having a full history and access to the tests they have already done, I also do not really know what your symptoms are? See http://www.arthritis-treatment-and-relief.com/cortisone-side-effects.html

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/22

Hallo Jenna