Question
Posted by: ZHAZA | 2010/07/02

Ending my emotional affair can lead to divorce

I''ve been having this emotional affair since 2004, it kept my mariage going cause I was putting a blind eye on all the negetive things my partner was doing, when having sex with my partner to reach orgasm I would fantasise about my so called frieand and it felt so good. Now I want to end this crazy thing and it is then I see the need to divorce. I''ve been in an emotional abusive relationship and that is why I ended up being attached to this other guy but I thank God that we are only attached emotionally it never went far that that though the pain to detach myself from him is unbearable I am even thinking maybe to talk about it with him will ease the pain, I dont know how he feels about our frieandship. I dont want to loose him as a friend.

As you surely now know well, this is a lousy way to try to keep your marriage going. Your partner apparently was doing some negative things - and you were emotionally cheating on him. Why not persuade him to join you in relationship / couples counselling, to explore whether this relationship can be fixed in a way that suits both of you, or if not, to find the way to end it as friends who have learned how not to get into these sorts of situations again ?

1