Question
Posted by: me | 2010/06/24

ending it

Please help. My bf and I had a fight yesterday and he took everything I said wrong. He has told me it is over and I have accepted it and was sincere in telling him that I wish him all the best and that he is a great guy. I thought we could leave it in an amiable state. He has now turned nasty, so I told him that its over and lets just move on because after this, things will never be the same. But his response to me was '' great ''. I never wanted it to end!!! So, that is it. Why did it have to turn like this? I like to leave things in a civil way, not like this.

Some relationships end, for a wide variety of reasons, often good reasons ; there is no need for either party to turn nasty and make something more horrible out of it than is unavoidably so. Maybe he is much more hurt abou this than you realised ; but it's up to him to explain himself and suggest a positive response, rather than just making things more difficult.

4
Posted by: and | 2010/06/25

Reply to and
Posted by: and | 2010/06/25

Scores of other boys were in hospital after circumcisions gone wrong, with two gangrenous penises amputated in hospital this week, he added.

Reply to and
Posted by: anon | 2010/06/24

that''s just how some people handle rejection. especially frustrating for him that you were so nice - just always be sincere, and cut ties if he honestly can''t handle you in the same way.

you shouldn''t really have much contact now, anyway.

perhaps he didn''t think the fight would end up in a breakup, and now he''s just angry at the world. you also sound more secure than him, that''s perhaps why he is acting more childlike (not necessarily childish) than you. he is perhaps trying to manipulate the situation.

remember we don''t all act the same way, you wanting to be civil and him having a tantrum (not always right/wrong) - that''s maybe the ''only'' way he knows how. let him breath and wish him well.

anyhow, all the best!

Reply to anon