Question
Posted by: Angel | 2011-02-08

endemetriosis

Last year, my gynae diagnosed a choolate cyst on my left ovary, 4cms. I went back after 6 mths, it is still there. I went for a second opinion. My gynae says leave it as i have no pain. Gynae no 2 (second opinion) says have it removed and the ovary too.
I have had a cyst removed on the same ovary 4 yrs ago. I am 50 yrs
Can this cyst burst, im not sure whether to have the op or not. I would appreciate your objective opinion, thks.

AT your age I would suggest removing it as the only way to know for sure what type of cyst it is is at surgery.\

3
Posted by: angel | 2011-02-10

thanks for your reply. I forgot to add that gynae no 1 prescribed postoval as i was tired and am pre-menopausal. Can postoval affect the cyst/endometriosis?.

Reply to angel
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-02-09

Posted by: angel | 2011-02-08

i meant chocolate cyst (spelling err)

Reply to angel