Posted by: Mal | 2009-08-13

Hi Doc,

I have been having severe lower abdominal pains for over 10 years, and to date the root has not been established. Now, the pain is so severe that I even get it when im not on my periods. I also get it after intercourse. I was once diagnosed with Dysmomorrea (excuse the spelling), and I have had 2 laproscopy, Bioscopy and Laborotomy. The second laporospocy, the Doc told me that I have very bad Adhesions and as a result he could not even see anything.
I immediately went for Laporotomy, and while in that operation he discovered a cyst (growth) which was removed then. The pain has not stopped, I have been hospitalised many times due to that pain. I am always taking pain tablets.
I have read so much about Endemetrtiosis and am convinced that I suffer from the same thing. In one article it even says that sometimes even after Laporoscopy, the doctors fail to diagnose it. If I suffer from it, is there any cure for it because even after those operations Im still suffering and this problem only started after 6 years of menstruation. How can I get rid of it? Is there anyone suffering from the same here?

If you have lots of adhesions,the possible causes would be a past infection, endometriosis or previous surgery. From what you describe , endoemtriosis is a possibility, but you would probably need further surgery to remove it. You could try a fertility expert. They often specialise in this

Posted by: elly | 2009-08-13

hi, i had the same symthomps and in april this here had to go for an emergency hysterectomy, as the endemetrosis was all over my other organs.I had severe pain when i did not had my periods.

Reply to elly