Posted by: Sonja | 2008-11-21

Ek was maandag gediagnoseer met encephalitis. My kopsere is baie beter maar sodra ek nie ' n pyn pil drink nie begin my kop weer seer raak. Ek drink vandag my laaste antibiotika pil. Sal jy voorstel ek moet terug gaan dokter toe?

Dankie dat jy besoek het.

Die hoofpyne kan tot en met ses maande duur nadat die infeksie verdwyn het. Ek stel voor dat jy weer jou dokter sien vir pyn verligting.

Posted by: Ria | 2009-01-19

I' ve been diagnosed with shingles -however, the symptons are more of encephalitis, as I had it 5x before. Severe headache behind the eyes, on top of head, waking up with this head ache, nausia for 3days and then the 3 x dots(rush) appear. I had a very sensitive, burning patch on my back, prior to the " spots"  but no sign of redness or any blister....the spots appeared a day later, which I thought was a " spider-bite"  but I do not experience ANY discomfort from this - only the burning sensation on the skin a few cm away from the spots - can this be shingles? I am currently on treatment, zellitrex and Zovirax and synap-forte for the head ache... Isnt encephalitis caused by the same virus as chickenpox
and shingles? Do you suggest I go for a blood-test?

Reply to Ria