Question
Posted by: Fazel | 2008/06/20

emptyness

i was on the injection deprovera and stopped it 4 months ago and i am considering starting a family. how long do i wait till it is out of my system before i can fall pregnant?
And does the fact that i had an abortion 3 years ago at a marie stopes clinic when i was 16weeks and 4days pregnant effect my chances of falling pregnant as i went on the injection just after that.

The injection takes about 6-9 months to "get out of your system" completely. The only way you'll know whether you are still fertile is by waiting for your periods to return to normal and actually trying to fall pregnant.

1
Posted by: Tieta | 2008/06/20

I also used depo, the 3 month injection. I stopped in April and started menstruating end of August, but I did not ovulate. So the FS put me on Clomid to induce ovulation. So its not to say when you start to menstruate that you will ovulate. Best to go to gynae should AF stay away too long... Best of luck

Reply to Tieta