Question
Posted by: Mom | 2008/09/30

Empty Nest

My beautiful 22 year old daughter is leaving SA tonight . She is joining her older brother in the UK , and has no plans to return to SA.
I think she is doing the right things , and I wish her well and that only good things happen to her. We are very close ( with all my kids)so we will never lose that.......I will not alow that.
But , goodness , it hurts. So bad. I will now have 2 kids out of SA and 1 left in SA.
I am only one of many , many SA mom" s going thru this. But it still hurts.

Look after your "  empty nest Mom" 

Intellectually you make know that this move is the best for her, but of course emotionally it isn't great for you. You will need to find other areas of involvement, not to leave too much time to sinply sit feling regretful. Good luck !

1
Posted by: Emma | 2008/09/30

As you say there are many SA moms who have to face this situation. My daughter will be leaving for Oz one of these days. I tell myself that it is the best for her and I hope she will be happy there, but I really don' t know how I will cope without her. The horriable thing is that I have to pretend to be strong, otherwise she will feel guilty about leaving.

I am so sceared of " breaking down"  when the time comes.

Reply to Emma