Question
Posted by: Lira | 2010/07/23

Employment contract

I am employed in an NGO and was given a 3yrs contract which expired 2009/11. I am still doing work for them and when I try to discuss it with my director he keeps on saying they are trying to draw another one but want to do it differently. I just need an advise what can be my recourse in a case were they can dismiss me based on expired contract.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT

Even if your contract has expired you do have a contract in the sense that you are performing in the same psition for the same money. They cannot now dismiss you on the basis of an expired contract.