Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010-05-27

Employee Just Left, no resignation letter

Pls can you assist me, one of our employee''s just left with no reason what so ever, and we tried to contact him as well as the other employees but he didnt come back to us, know he contacted us saying he wants his UIF documents, can I insist on a resignation letter from him before I give UIF documents to him.

Thx

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Employee just left, no resignation letter

It is suggested that you write to the employee demanding a resignation letter.

2
Posted by: Stephen | 2010-06-22

I would tell him to come and fetch the UI19 form, (If he just left then he will not be able to claim uif anyway)
Then when he comes to collect it I would have him write on a normal piece of paper (not letterhead) that he confirms that he recieves the UI19 form and that he confirms that he left your employment out of his own free will on dd-mm-yyyy

Reply to Stephen
Posted by: Labour lawyer | 2010-05-31

Reply to Labour lawyer