Posted by: Stacey | 2010-01-27

Employee is taking me to CCMA

My dad and I, bought a takeaways in 2007.
It was verbally agreed between my dad and employee " Cate" , that her salary will be R2700. My dad passed away in 2008. Now " Cate"  wants to take me to the CCMA because she says that we cut her salary from R3200 to R2700, but her previous boss paid her R2400(and I have proof of this). What will happen now??
I can' t afford to give her pay increase because business is quiet.
I try my best to follow up on her complaints, but she is still telling me that we " cut"  her pay, which we haven' t. I can' t afford to go to the CCMA, I have tried to reason with her but she won' t listen to what I say. It is my first time as business owner, I am totally clueless!!!!!!

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Employee is taking me to CCMA

You must defend the case at the CCMA. You do not have to pay the increases. There is no cost to go the CCMA.