Posted by: ANGRY | 2009-09-16

Emotions gone wild

This has been the year from HELL for me. It started when a family member was having marital problems and like a fool I listened when no one else would. This led to accusations of an affair which was accompanied by a whole lot of nastiness. I have tried to shrug it off but it has become too much for me to handle. I try and avoid contact because I feel that it is the best thing to do but I seem to get into trouble for that too! This family has left town but the pot still seems to stirred from time to time. I am not a confrontational person, I have said my piece but this person is still a thorn in my side. After causing such grief in my life, they are supposedly now " happily in love"  again and I am left with the baggage, looking and feeling like the idiot with all fingers pointed at me!. All this has put a huge strain on my relationship to the point of a violent outburst on one occasion. On top of all this four family members have passed away within 9 months, one of whom was my parent, my confidant, my best friend and my voice of sanity. I feel like I am at the end of my teather and am not sure how much more I can take! I have all sorts of strange aches and pains, constantly tired and sometimes wonder if these " wonderful so called"  family members would not be better off without me! But the reality of the situation is that I cannot leave my two beautiful children behind! I am being forced to be civil to these people when all I really want is for it all to disappear. I feel like I am going mad and have no one to share all this with. How do I deal and cope with all this?

Its often just not a good idea to get involved in other people's problems, especially when they don' seem interested in taking responsibility for their own actions and decisions, and are looking for someone else to blame.
Maybe you would be better off without contact with the selfish and unsupportive family members, and concentrating your effortson enhancing your own life, not theirs. Sounds like you may have become depressed through all this, and should consider seeing a shrink or at least initially, a counsellor, which will of course also provide you with someone to talk with and share things with, who is not themselves looking for something from you