Question
Posted by: pup | 2010/04/16

Emotional/ irrational and not fit for society

I am a young woman, in my early 20''s.
Life has been quite a ride for me. I find it difficult to make freinds, and when i do, i seem to loose them. Which makes me depressed.
In addition, i cant be taken out any where in public. I always end up in physcial fights, or i just go balistic. I am never in a place where i dont know at least 4 exist (in case something goes wrong).
I cant control my emotions either. One minute i am happy, all over the place, and in a split second, i am sad, crying and comatos. I have attempted suicide atleast 7 times. What is this? what is happening to me?
Everyone who is close, says that i am emotional, irrational, and wil never fit into society. but they dont understand that i cant help it. What are my possiblities?

Sounds a rather alarming and uncomfortable situation to be in. What would be most helpful would be for you to see a good local psychiatrist for a full assessment, as only with a clear analtsis of the problem, can one usefully consider what sort of intervention would be most likely to help. Maybe this is a situation where you currently feel unable to control what's happening, but I'm sure with the right help you could learn how to bring this under control. If your behaviour is as you describe it, well, it's hardly surprising this would frighten away people who might otherwise become pleasant friend. See a good shrink for a proper assessment, and then discuss with them the potential forms of treatment which could help

1