Question
Posted by: Louisa | 2010/06/28

Emotional eating/bad habits

I used to have bulimia, I forced myself to stop, by ''taking responsibility'' for what I ate, rather than just purging. I later found out I had a hiatus hernia, and had it repaired last year. I hoped that it would help met to stop eating so much, and it did, because, until now I still can only eat smaller portions at one time, for I feel full easily. I also lost weight and I am at a normal weight now. But I still feel very very anxious about gaining weight, I even get depressed and feel weak and tired when I just think about the fact that I am eating more that I could a few months back (just after the operation). What can I do to let go of this obsession?? Because the more I worry, the more I eat, and it is a vicious cycle. I even feel depressed and dont want to go to the gym. I am currently on Cilift 20mg/day since about February 2010.
Sometimes my whole life seems so useless and I wish I had a job that I enjoy, not one I just have to go to everyday, hating it because its soooo boring!!! These things make met so numb and irritated/frustrated! I am married and I know my husband accepts me, but I still do not feel good enough

While you are still pre-occupied with weight, and how much you do and don't eat, and unhappy about issues of control, and diet, and shape, and so mon, this is an eating disorder that really should be assessed and treated by a proper specialist psychiatrist, where your own eforts will become even more important, but you really don't need to do it all on your own. The best treatment may well include psychotherapy / counselling and medication, and should be able to help you get through this obsession, and to re-focus more on what you can enjoy in life

1