Question
Posted by: You | 2011-10-20

Emotional connection

I''m dating a guy with whom I find it difficult to communicate my needs/fears. I find him to be somewhat ''reserved'' or shy ( I''m not sure) especially on intimacy issues ( He can talk on all other general issues). He usually declares his undying love through texting ( which I ''ve accepted). .I sometimes try through small talks and create that environment, he either becomes so brief or tactfully changes the topic.Despite all these, I have noticed that he loves me.

I would wish if we can connect on an emotional level, find common ground and be able to talk and share our needs and fears. I''m afraid to initiate a discussion on this with the fear that I will have crossed his boundary. I love him though.
Please advise me on how to approach this matter.

Is it only with him that you find it hard to communicate your emotions ? Most men find it awkward to talk abou emotional issues, and its actually inconsiderate to insist that they do, if they find this unpleasant. What you're wanting isn't unreasonable, but it may be unrealistic. Plunging a guy into deep emotional discussions often bothers him seriously ; and it isn't actually as necessary as you seem to think, to develop a good relationship.

3
Posted by: Anti email,twitter,blogging etc.......... | 2011-10-20

Maria
Only Shane Warne and Liz Hurley, Demi Moore and Her toy boy husband do this........
This is the real world and intimate rewarding relationships are meant to be face to face!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Anti email,twitter,blogging etc..........
Posted by: Maria | 2011-10-20

Try having emotional discussions via email. It''s less threatening, he can think carefully about what he wants to share, and he can take his time.

Reply to Maria