Question
Posted by: Gazza | 2009-01-12

Emotional and scared

Hi there....

I' m a 25 year old gay man and I' ve been seeing someone new for the last 2 and a bit months. We have not had full on sex and use condoms for oral sex. Unfortunately in the heat of the moment when we were last together (last Saturday), I didnt use a condom when receiving oral sex.

I am so dissapointed with myself as I' ve put myself at risk to STD' s and my emotions flip flop from terrible fear to anger. I understand there is no one else to blame but myself and I believe that I deserve to catch something as punishment!

All emotions aside, I now want to have a full screening for ALL STD' s but unsure as to window periods etc. I know that I need to wait 3 months for an HIV test, and was wondering if that is enough time for all other possible STD' s to manifest in tests - so that I can go in and get all tested at once? To make matters worse, last night I noticed a small, red sore at the base of my penis - sort of like a pimple - which i scratched, but there was no bleeding or discharge from it and has now a tiny scab!

Thanks in advance for the information.

It is always better to be rather safe than sorry. Here is a link that will provide you with some information about the window periods for different STD’s. You mentioned that you would like to do a full screening for STD’s and yes three months should be a good time to identify most of the STD’s. If you need calmness and clarity before 3 months do not hesitate to contact your general practitioner as he/she will be able to give you peace of mind. The emotional pressure that you place yourself under seems to get the better of you at times and I would suggest that you consider a session or more with a psychologist or counselor to assist you to get through the emotional turmoil.

http://www.stdresource.com/concern/c1_d_3_a.php#two

You are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information: www.sexualhealth.co.za

3
Posted by: Tt | 2009-01-14

To L

people like you will burn in hell , if you do not have something to say just keep it to yourself , the last time i checked this forum was made for people with sexual problem not for people with stinking attittude like yours , you have a serious poblem you need to consult a shrink it looks like you have big issues in your life and you not even aware of it , I dont comment in this forum i just come in and read but people like you makes me sick and want to say something ,

Reply to Tt
Posted by: Hunny | 2009-01-13

Gazza I am not too sure about the window periods but would suggest that pehaps you contact your GP and ask their advice. I do understand the ' heat of the moment'  but in this day and age I urge you to be extra careful.

Reply to Hunny
Posted by: L | 2009-01-13

What ever that is going to happen to u. U deserve it bitch.

Reply to L