Posted by: Baby | 2008-12-02

Emotional Abuse

How can one conclude that she is emotionally abused.

My hubby is one uncoperative, lazy and dishonest man.
He recently told me that when he met me i was poor, and if ithink i have money he doesn' t want it. Two days later he asked me for a thousand rands.

He does nothing in the house i mean almost all our globes in the house have fused, my washing machine got stuck last weekend he never bothered to look at it, i had to call a plumber.

ALL he says is that a wife is supposed to keep the family happy.
He has never been violent to me but he accuses me of being self centred,not taking care of him and disrespectful.

We' ve been to counselling he changed for a while and now he' s back on his old tricks.
Please advise.

Many spouses, male or female, are uncooperative, lazy and dishonest, and this is not usually considered to be abuse. All unpleasantness is not abuse. Now, that said, he sounds a pretty unsatisfactory partner or spouse, and to expect too much of his wife and far too little from himself. Counselling is the only route that could put this right, but would need to be lasting and to have his sincere co-operation, or else it needs to be faced that he has no real motivation to change and won't do so, and then you may need to consider separation and divorce.

Posted by: Baby | 2008-12-02

That' s exactly how he behaves CS, he expects too much from me and too little from his side.
I have to force him to pay our son' s school fees.
I' ve been begging him to buy me a new fridge, he has promised to do that since January.

Instead he buys himself expensive clothes and then asks money from me for petrol.
Is it helpful for one person to go for counselling alone?

Want to exhaust all avenues before taking a decision.

Thanx CS

Reply to Baby