Emergency Situations

This morning my boyfriend choked, it was very early and he was about to get ready for work when he came running out of the bathroom and could not breath.He was gasping for air and I could see their was no oxygen going into his lungs. Almost as if he' s throat closed up. He has been coughing the last few days ( it sound like he has some fluid on the lungs ) and lost of moisture, but very light not bad, from yester day he started complaining about a irritated troaght.I made an appointment for him to see the doctor tomorrow. What I want to know is what do I do in a situation like that ( if not necessary to take him to ER) I just rubbed his back and tried to make him calm and to try and breath and sit still ( he started panicking and pacing ) What steps should I follow to help in a situation like that. I was so scared.

Dear Anonymous
One should first determine if there is something in the throat/windpipe and do the Heimlich maneuver if you suspect there is (
Also See
If you think it was just a temporary spasm of the vocal cords, you did the right thing