Question
Posted by: Nads | 2008/10/06

Emergency List of Medication

Is there a way to put a list together of medicines to keep at your house incase of emergency. For sometimes ones dog / cat can become sick and the Vet is already closed or unavailable (out on call). Just things to keep if a bee stung them and they swell up, they get a fever, pain in neck mussle, nausia....etc.

There must be something one can keep to help your loved animal in times when you can' t get ahold of a Vet or if you are far out.

Help will be much appreciated.

Dear Nads

In a real emergency you need to see a vet ASAP. Practices have to be on call for clients, so make sure you have a clinic or emergency number on your phone. Most of the real drugs are prescription only and not a good idea to keep them for just in case.

7
Posted by: primula | 2008/10/07

If you can get your vet to prescribe a dose or two for your dog, get cortisone tablets to use in the case of anaphylaxis - one of my animals is allergic to beesting so I need to keep this handy and it works so well to reduce the choking cause by swelling..

Reply to primula
Posted by: Nads | 2008/10/07

Thanks guys it really helps alot. One doesn' t always want to go to the Vet if you see it' s not urgent yet or sometimes you see it' s urgent then the Vet is either not available and out on call.
Thanks again!!!

Reply to Nads
Posted by: manda | 2008/10/07

the ecovet range of products....

Reply to manda
Posted by: Carol | 2008/10/07

Rescue remedy is the one I forgot .

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Chill | 2008/10/06

I always have disinfectant around, some Bactroban ointment, diarrhoea mix (try to get a kaolin/pectin one, and shake WELL before using), and valerian in case of stress (one is terrified of fireworks/thunder). Minor tummy upsets quite often respond to a bit of Behoedmiddel... can' t think of what else!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2008/10/06

Animalax, necrospray,moducare, hills ad for mixing meds, echina force drops ,

Worm muti, glucose, syringes... patience , more patience , and a permanent payment plan with my vet :)

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Mandi | 2008/10/06

My ani-medi-kit contains Allergex (check with your vet first), Laxapet, Nutristim and that blue wound spray (can' t think of the name now).

Reply to Mandi