Question
Posted by: sibonile | 2012/02/18

Embolisation of fibroids in South Africa

I have numerous uterine fibroids, a family member had the same problem and she lives in the UK and she underwent the embolisation of her fibroids and recomends it for me. Are there any doctors in South Africa that perfom this procedure?

You can try Dr Femi Olarogun at UCT Private Hospital in Cape Town.

2
Posted by: rad doc | 2012/03/02

There are actually plenty of radiologists with the expertise to perform fibroid embolization. I would recommend getting in touch with the private radiology practice in your nearest city or alternatively contacting the radiology dept of your nearest academic hospital (public sector).
Good luck!

Reply to rad doc