Posted by: Anon | 2009-04-16

Embarrassing Question...

I am honestly very embarrassed to ask this, but have to know… . Is it possible that a tampon can get “ lost”  inside? I can’ t see how this could be possible, but I recently had my period and for the last two days, when I go to the loo in I have this discharge and it seems like there are stings of cotton in it. The only thing I can think it could be is maybe pieces of a tampon. Sorry, I know how this sounds. My hubby and I have been struggling to fall pregnant, I know I’ m just wondering if this could have anything to do with it. If it was “ lost” , it must have happened quite some time ago.

Tampons can be forgotten. They cannot get lost as there is nowhere for them to go. Place a finger in your vagina and feel around. If it is there, you will feel it.

Posted by: Liss | 2009-04-20

This also has happened to me., I was using one of the larger tampons, (too large) and if i took it out too soon would feel like it was slightly " stuck"  if that makes any sense. and the tampon top would look like the cotton was pulled off slightly . then later i would also have what looked like a piece of cotton when i went to the loo.

I would just suggest trying a smaller size and not trying to change them so regularly if you do!
I had quite heavy periods therefore i used larger tampons. but the smaller ones work just as good and dont actually need so many as i thought i' d need too.

Not sure if this helps! Well done for being brave enough to ask. :-)

Reply to Liss
Posted by: Star | 2009-04-16

I think if it got lost you would get some symptoms, like with TSS. Why not go to your normal GP and have a pap smear done.

Reply to Star