Posted by: John | 2008-11-12

Hi! I' m a 23 year old rugby player. I train every second day of the week. After training and once the team has had a shower, our coach makes us stand naked in a row. Then we have to do all sorts of stretching exercises. Lastly, we do star jumps, which is quite embarrassing because most of the guys get hard-ons. It is particularly embarrassing for me. The coach says it' s better for us to do the warm down after showering because our muscles are all loose and that it' s important to prevent injuries. I' m concerned because it' s embarrassing, but I haven' t said anything to the coach, nor has anyone else because they don' t seem to be embarrassed. Please tell me what you think about this situation. Thanks.

I think you have a very deeply peculiar, and possibly rather perverted, coach, and would be very suspicious of whether he gets enjoyment from watching a bunch of lads jump around with hard-ons. What he seems to be saying is rubbish. Injuries occur on the field, not on your way home. I see no point in doing stretching exercises after the showers after the match --- and if they were necessary, there would be no need whatever to do so nude rather than with your shorts, etc., on. I'd be very surprized if none of the others thought there was anything peculiar about this, but they probably would feel more embarrassed to say anything about it than to just put up with it.
Isn't there a team manager or other person more senior than the coach you could discuss this with, or even send an anonymous mesage to, suggesting that this should be looked into before a scandal arises ?
If he's not interested in watching erections bobbing about, then he shouldn't mind if you all exercised clothed, and facing away from him. THe excuse for doing this nude is nonsense ; and I suspect the excuse for doing the exercises at all, is similarly invented to suit his voyeuristic needs.

Posted by: tollie | 2008-11-13

Reply to tollie
Posted by: kb | 2008-11-13

I have never heard of anyone doing exercises naked. Oz is right, he is proberly gay, and likes watching you all.

Reply to kb
Posted by: Oz | 2008-11-13

This coach is gay and that' s it and somebody is using my name

Reply to Oz
Posted by: oz | 2008-11-13

does your coach do this too when you play a match home and away ? the man has a problem

Reply to oz
Posted by: Lin | 2008-11-12

I don' t think you are the only 1 embarrased. Talk to the guys and fish about their feelings regarding this. To be honest, I really don' t see the need to do these excercises naked?

Reply to Lin