Posted by: Cindy | 2008-11-30

Embarassed and confused

I have had no period for five months. As I am nearing 50, I assumed I had reached menopause. I am in a foreign country with language difficulties, so I have not had any tests apart from a home pregnancy test when my period first did not appear. During the past three months, I have noticed an odd smell when I remove my underwear. This has changed from odd to unpleasant but I have no discharge or discomfort. Today I started bleeding again and it is now like a normal period. What could be happening to me?

Dear Cindy

Thank you for visiting

Your symptoms can be due to menopause or pathology of the uterus and I therefore, recommend that you consult a gynaecologist to have a diagnosis made. I also recommend a thyroid/hormone test.

Kind regards