Posted by: Cindy | 2008-12-01

Embarassed and confused 2

Thank you for your advice. I will make an appointment when I get home to South Africa in January.

In the meantime, can you explain what " pathology of the uterus"  is?

Thank you so much

Dear Cindy
I think Dr Anrich meant that you may have a disease in the uterus like an infection? If you did not menstruate for a year and then bleed, they usually do a biopsy or scraping of the uterus to exclude cancer. If you only skipped 5 months this is probably not necessary and I would suggest that they do a sonar to see if the inside lining of the uterus is normal. Your Doctor or Gyne should also take a smear and send it away to the lab to check for infection. They can do a blood test to see if you are menopausal or not. I wonder if you should wait until January for treatment - it may be risky as the infection can spread or get worse. Is it very difficult to see a GP where you are now?