Posted by: Wayne | 2011-10-11

Eltroxin dosage time query

Hi Cyberdoc. Just wanted to ask something regarding eltroxin.

I had hyperthyroidism, graves disease. My thyroid gland was then ablated/ destroyed throug a radioactive iodine capsule.

Been on eltroxin a few months and feel really good. I take it in morning, and wait 45 mins before eating, as instructed by a speciailist.

I also read about 2 studies done, one in 2007 with 12 people, and2010 with about 90 or more people. The studies tested whether taking eltroxin (thyroxine sodium) at bedtime at night would be as good or better. Both studies concluded it was indeed better, resulting in lower tsh levels, n higher t4 levels in all but one patient.

Patients reported feeling even better. Why is eltroxin then prescribed for mornings? And what is your opinion in this?

The manufacturer of this product, suggest an AM dosage.