Question
Posted by: Boudien | 2011/11/15

eltroxin and duromine

i had my gallbladder removed &  i take 0.2 mcg eltroxin &  i have had 2 c-sections and i look like i''m 7 mnt pregnant. I need to loose weight desperately especially the stomach. Tried everything &  nothing worked. pls help

Dear Boudien
I trust that you have regular checkups to see that your dose of Eltroxin is correct for your condition? If not, please do ask your gp to verify if you are receiving sufficient Eltroxin or if your dose needs adjusting. If you are overweight all round then you can try reducing your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. If your tummy is protruding as a result of damage to the muscles because of the 2 C-sections you have had, then please ask the gp if you are allowed to do targeted exercises such as sit-ups to tighten the muscles again and stop you looking pregnant. In some cases plastic surgery is the only solution for such damaged muscles, but first try using the diet and aerobic exercise to achieve weightloss.

1

Dear Boudien