Posted by: Penny | 2009-02-18

Eltroxin and a late period

I was taking 0.05mg of Eltroxin a day and about 2 weeks ago my Doc increased it to 0.075mg after I had more tests done. Now my period is late and I' m wondering if it' s because of the change in dosage (I have done a pregnancy test which was negative (unfortunately). My cycle is normally around 26 - 29 days and I' m now on 35 days.

Abnormal thyroid function can affect periods. See what happens next month.

Posted by: Linds | 2009-02-19

Hi Penny,

I' m on 0.15mg Eltroxin at the moment, but I' ve been changed from 0.05 to 0.2 to 0.1mg and not once has it effected by period. I have always had a quite regular period. So no, I don' t think t should have an effect on your period if your dosage has been changed.

Take another HPT in a week or so, you may have tested to early or if you can' t wait, have a blood test done, its more accurate.

Good luck!

Reply to Linds