Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2010/10/18

Eltroxin

I stopped taking my Eltroxin about a week ago, was on it for about 4 or 6 years I cannot remember exactly since when.

Why did the dr''s say I must take it for the rest of my life? I''m only 51. What will happen if I just stop? I could simply not be bothered about anything anymore and it''s a schlep to get medicine our medical aid is not very helpful either.

I''m not into exercising at all although I do enjoy my walk - about 3-5k''s daily, but am flabby and fat, (tummy, thighs and ever increasing boobs - go up a cup size every 6 months) but not overweight BMI is 24 something

Hi Wondering – if you stop your Eltroxin and you have underactive thyroid you may pick up more weight and develop other symptoms like tiredness, dry hair and skin and swelling of your legs. Thyroid hormone is essential for your metabolism and if your thyroid makes too little you have to take supplements lifelong.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/19