Question
Posted by: Enigma | 2010/08/03

Eltroxin

Good day

Is ostoeporosis a side effect due to the long term usage of Eltroxin? If yes, what can be done to avoid it? What are the other long term effects of Eltroxin?

I am a 15 years old girl and I have been on Eltroxin for the past 5 years.

Hallo Enigma
If your dosage is controlled and your TSH is normal there will be no long term effects. Only women that is post menopausal and who do not have normal esterogen levels will be at risk of osteoporosis. Regular exercise, calcium supplements and getting some sun every day is enough to prevent osteoporosis in young people.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Enigma | 2010/08/04

Thank you doc. i also want to know of any other long term side effects possible with this drug.

Reply to Enigma
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/03

Hallo Enigma
dr Bets