Question
Posted by: eli | 2008/09/19

eltroxin

Im on 200ug of eltroxin a day. Ive recently lost 11kg and im starting to get very tired. Ive heard that weight is a factor in determining medicine dosages. Do you think i might now be getting to much eltroxin in my system and should i consider dropping the dose slightly. I used to be on 150ug and 200ug alternating before i put on weight.

thanks

Dear Eli

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Your dosage will be determined by the level of your T4 hormone. You should definately loose weight but I suggest that you consult your doctor, in order to have the necessary blood tests done, to ensure that you are treated correctly.

Kind regards