Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2012/07/13

Eltroxin 0.1mg

I was diagnosed with a slight underactive thyroid so the doc gave me extroxin 0.1mg to take only for 3 months which would mean to take it only until May. I was supposed to go back for another blood test in May but I have run out of medical aid savings so I cannot have anymore blood tests for now. I am still taking the Eltroxin, would that be a good a bad thing to take it if I no longer have an under active thyroid?

Sharon

You should not be taking Eltoxin if blood tests did not confirm that you still have an underactive thyroid. Unfortunately, you will have to consult your doctor and have the blood test done.