Posted by: el | 2013-02-08

I''''ve had my bloods tested July last year and my levels were as follows:
S-TSH 2.55 and S-FT4 13.5
Because I had all the classic symptoms: hair loss, extreme fatigue, heavy periods, no weight loss although on healthy diet and exercising 6 times a week, low libido etc, the doc gave me eltroxin 100ug.
There were no difference in the first 3 months actually picked up weight, then started feeling so much better month 4-5, had energy, lost weight wasn''t moody never felt better. Then I started from Jan being terribly terribly tired and moody. Had a heavy period again and picked up weight. Had bloods again and the values were :
TSH - 1.16 and S-FT4 14,2
Should the FT4 not be lower. The GP (not the one I initially saw) just said I should continue with the eltroxin  I''m not sure whether he looked at the previous value. I really feel terrible and am concidering stop taking the eltroxin. I can''t go on like this - I''m so tired even though I eat healthy and sleep well. I couldn''t lift my legs this morning to train  I also have mussle pain again

I suggest that you consult an endocrinologist to determine if you are in fact suffering from hypothyroidism. There are a multitude of other possibilities that can cause your symptoms and all avenues will have to be investigated. Please refer to the following link regarding chronic fatigue: