Question
Posted by: Pet lover | 2009-04-07

Elsation pups

This weekend I heard about puppies for sale. I heard from someone there, not the owners, that I shouldn' t evern consider them. The brother and the sister conceived, resulting in 6 pups. They are fine and apparently very beautiful, 2 being white.

Now my problem is that thei should not be allowed to sell them, it cannot be rite. Wount there be something somerwhere wrong with them, aggressive, health risks? This is really a very sensitive situation for me and I feel like I should do something!!!

Dear Pet Lover

Start by doing some voluntary work at the SPCA on weekends. You can also donate money but I'm afraid you can not do much about somebody breeding with dogs.

2
Posted by: Big dog lover | 2009-04-08

Be careful when buying a pup. There r good breeders + there r backyard breeders who actually know nothing. Depending on what U want there is a price 2b paid 4 a pup. Bloodline is very important, this determines the dog' s temprement. If U want a pup &  u can afford it then rather buy from a reputable breeder. Speak 2 people who have bought from him &  check out the temprement of both parents, then U should get a good indication of what U can expect. Regards

Reply to Big dog lover
Posted by: WR | 2009-04-07

There is nothing you can do. It is lawfully not ' wrong'  - some call it line-breeding some call it incest.
Very few puppies are " ugly" .
The white is actually an unwanted gene in the GSDs - so yes - that could be your first sign to stay away.
The white shepherds - these days called the White Swiss Shepherd tends to bequite skittish.

Reply to WR